Presbyterian | Summer 2019 | Your Story

Listening and responding We’re committed to providing you high-quality service. If you’re not happy with the care or service you have received, we want to know. Some problems call for formal attention. In those cases, you have a right to file a grievance, a complaint, or an appeal. ● ● Complaint (also referred to as grievance): If you have a complaint about care or services you receive, you can file a grievance. ● ● Appeal: If we deny a request for service or care and you do not agree, you can file an appeal. If you have a concern, the first thing to do is contact the Presbyterian Customer Service Center (PCSC). The numbers are listed on your member ID card, in your Member Handbook, and in this newsletter. If PCSC can’t resolve your concern, you can ask to speak to a Presbyterian Grievance Coordinator. You may also write to the Grievance Coordinator for written details about our procedures or your concerns. Presbyterian Centennial Care Grievance Coordinator 9521 San Mateo Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87113 Feeling down? Get the help you deserve I’ll be okay. I can take care of this by myself. Does that sound like you? Sometimes it’s good to be strong and to do things for yourself. But not when it comes to mental health problems like depression. What is depression? Depression is much more than a low mood. It’s a serious medical condition. Depression can steal the energy from your body and the joy from your life. It can make it hard to get out of bed each morning or care about the things you love. And you deserve better than that. Know this: Depression is treatable. In fact, treatment works for up to nine out of 10 people who seek help for their depression. Howdo I know? Symptoms of depression tend to last for at least two weeks. They can include: ● ● Feeling sad or down for a long time ● ● Losing interest in your usual activities ● ● Feeling tired and out of energy ● ● Feeling empty, worthless, or guilty ● ● Sleeping too little or too much ● ● Having trouble thinking or making decisions ● ● Having thoughts of suicide or death If you think you may have depression, tell your provider. He or she can help you get the right type of care. Options can include counseling (talk therapy), antidepressant medicines, or both. They work very well. Depression hurts those who have it. And it can hurt families and relationships too. But if you have depression, you can feel better—if you ask for help. Source: American Psychiatric Association; American Psychological Association 4